Classics of science
Here are several links to available scientific papers:
- at the American Institute of Physics: papers by Franklin, Michelson, Gibb, Millikan;
- at the Physical Review Focus: landmark papers with cover stories, including Bethe’s work on stellar combustion, Compton’s confirmation of Einstein’s photon theory, and the famous Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen paper;
- at Bartleby’s Harvard Classics, Einstein’s Relativity. The Special and General Theory and a nice collection of works by Faraday, von Helmholtz and Lord Kelvin.
- John Park’s chronological collection (including some physics as well), and
- Carmen Giunta’s thematic collection.
Biology and Medicine:
- at Blackwell, some classic texts on evolution (Darwin, Haldane, Dobzhansky, Gould, Eldredge, Mayr);
- Israel Barrantes has links to some important papers in molecular biology;
- and Bartleby’s Harvard Classics has made available Darwin’s Voyage of the Beagle and Origin of Species;
- still from Bartleby, medicine from Hippocrates, through Paré and Harvey, to Lister and Pasteur,
- and, for the show’s fans,
Grey’sGray’s Anatomy. (20th ed.)